WE ARE LOOKING FOR...
Team Member with Full Stack Developer skill set
WHO WE ARE
Plain Complex is a Finnish startup founded in May 2021 and backed by nominated angel investors. Our mission is to redefine state-of-the-art healthcare shift rostering. Western countries face a quickly worsening nursing shortage, and one of the big underlying problems is the inability to combine shift work with personal life. We can change that.
Vuorox is our first product. It is based on deep reinforcement learning and revolutionizes roster scheduling by achieving unprecedented quality in minutes. Fully automatically. No competitor comes even close.
With more than 15 years of medical and research experience, we know the field inside out and noticed that the marginal benefit of new medical innovations is decreasing fast. So we
need to change how the system works to make a real difference. One of the major pain points is roster management – an ever-occurring subject with colleagues. Subsequently, we realized that we could think of roster management as a game, and AI has already conquered humans in one game after another.
Vuorox makes roster management the next ”game”, where AI triumphs. Doing that will disrupt the system while winning the hearts of the employees. And even if we approach the problem employees first, the results are a win-win for both employers and employees.
AS A FULL STACK DEVELOPER, YOU WILL
● Plan and implement new features
● Optimize and refactor existing code
● Fix bugs
● Support the sales team by answering technical questions
● Maintain and improve the code quality
Initially, your daily tasks will be more on the front-end side, developing and maintaining the Web Application, and gradually you are expected to take over some of the work on the
API and database.
WHOM ARE WE LOOKING FOR
First and foremost, we are looking for a new team member to strengthen our team. As we are still a small team, your work will directly impact our product and future infrastructure.
While we expect you to be an expert in full-stack development and have a solid grasp of software architecture principles, we don’t expect you to have experience with AI. However,
that would naturally be a big bonus. We thought a bit about what would make you a great match and came up with the following.
● Excel at writing high-quality code in multiple languages.
● Love ownership and feel responsible for what you do.
● Enjoy turning complex ideas into functional solutions and have a keen eye for potential hazards, even when they might be hard to define explicitly.
● Are experienced in solving logical problems, and when an exact solution is impossible, you know how to approximate.
● Want to join an early-stage company with all the excitement and opportunities that come with it.
Since we’re still a small team (currently, there are 5-6 of us), everyone needs to do a bit of everything. This is truly a team effort; we build together and win together. Our current software stack includes Vue, Node, and PostgreSQL. Further behind the scenes, we use Rust, Python, TensorFlow, and C on the AI side of things. However, we are committed to using the best tool for the job, so we are not religiously tied to any technology.
Everything we have runs on top of Linux, we use Git for version control, and English is our company language. Want to work remotely, too? No problem. Getting the work done is
more important than where it’s done. Yet, communication is often more efficient face to face.
WHAT KIND OF PERSON WOULD MAKE US HAPPY
You are a talented developer, but you know your limits, too. You are always aspiring to learn more. On top of the developer skills, you’ve built an experienced eye for seeing the bigger picture. For you, details are always part of something greater.
● You have worked in a similar position before; this is usually translated into years of experience, but we are happy to ignore that if you have the fundamental skill set, passion, and a burning desire to learn more and share your knowledge with the rest of the team.
● You work well in a low-hierarchy organization, where the best ideas are more important than titles.
To quickly become productive with our technology stack, the following technical skills are required:
● You have experience in implementing HTTP APIs. Experience with Express.js or similar libraries (e.g., Koa) is a plus.
● You have some experience with relational databases and SQL.
● You are proficient at using GIT.
While not required, previous experience with the following technologies is a bonus:
● PostgreSQL; will allow you to work on more exciting tasks on the back end.
● Machine Learning; will give you a deeper understanding of how our solution works and its challenges.
EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY?
Then send us a message with your CV attached! Let us know what drives you and why you think you would be a good fit.
Send an email to [email protected] Or, if you prefer, call or message us on the phone at +358 40 5166467 / Sasu.